Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jury Duty - Day 1

I took the bus downtown on this snowy day. Certain people were called, including yours truly, to fill out a 23 page questionnaire. No one told us not to say anything and I haven't been selected for anything. There were a lot of questions about racial epithets, carrying concealed weapons, and Pacific Islanders. By 10 am were given new numbers and told to call back tonight and Sunday night and Monday night. The down side is that this trial is expected to go for three weeks. I've been planning to leave town to do some volunteer work in Thailand, though the exact date hasn't been settled yet, but it was going to be late January. I did put that down and hope that will make a difference. As interesting as it might be to sit on a jury, a three week murder trial was not what I had in mind for the month of January.

I called in and they don't need any jurors for tomorrow. We have to call Sunday, and then Monday. I assume this is the last you'll hear about this until I'm dismissed from the jury pool or the trial is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.