Monday, January 28, 2008

To L.A.


Sitting at the Anchorage Airport on my way to visit my mom before we head off to Thailand. After waiting longer than we expected, I've been matched with an NGO in Northern Thailand- we spoke on the phone Sunday evening (AK Time). So, to catch my other mom's 80something birthday tomorrow, I'm headed down in an hour or so. Security was empty, the TSA folks were friendly and there's not too many people here at 11:30 pm on a Monday night. Will stop in Seattle on the way back for several hours to have dinner with my daughter at the end of the week.

Spent much of the day getting my tickets, getting J's ticket to Thailand, and digitizing old slides so I can leave a DVD of late 60's pictures with my old school in Thailand. Got a little exercise biking over to the University library.

So Brock, if you read this, email me and maybe we can get together.

Can't believe I'm posting such a lame post. Oh well, better add a picture.

2 comments:

  1. Steve, what kind of work do you do? And is it volunteer or do you get paid for working abroad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. RCM, Whoops, I meant to respond to this one. I'll be voluneering through the American Jewish World Service. I have the work plan the organization has with Oxfam and I'm supposed to help them with their management and organizational structure. Of course, the details will only become clear when I get there. That should be a week from today. Well, it will take a few weeks I'm sure to get my feet on the ground.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.