Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Afternoon Walk 3 - Grilled Sticky Rice and Temple Doors


We passed a couple of temples.


Variations on a temple door.



Grilled sticky rice.
First they make the sticky rice. Then they add sugar and coconut milk and the banana (it's in the middle of the rice.) Then they shape it and wrapped it in the banana leaves and grill it. Other times it has black or red bean instead of banana. I think I've seen banana leaf strips for sale at Sagaya's. Let's see if I can make these when we get home.

2 comments:

  1. I am-- or rather my 12 year old daughter is going to try the blueberry-mango ice cream and the grilled rice-- can we purchase banana leaves up here or do we use something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind-- I see where we can purchase the banana leaf strips here!

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.