Monday, March 03, 2008

Tarongchai's very special hand made cards

You never know what you'll see in the night market along Thanon (Road) Suthep. Mostly it's food, but there's a guy who just sells cardboard boxes, and stalls with clothing, and one with potted plants. And then we saw this one tonight.

These are popup cards that the man you see in the picture makes. A college grad, he finds this more satisfying. And his cards are really special. They all close flat like normal card, but they have intricate cutouts inside.




He gave me his card and I said I'd post his email. He has an online catalog he'll send you. There's a chance the email address isn't quite right. My email to him hasn't come back yet. So maybe it's ok.

ken-popup@hotmail.com



1 comment:

  1. I still haven't heard from him, but my email hasn't come back either... Some of those cards are lovely, especially if you compare them with the pop-up cards available here. Robert Sabuda used to have some decent ones, but his latest are overly cartoonish and banal compared with these. I've also seen some good architectural ones, but those are a simple one-offset, whereas these involve a fair amount of paper engineering.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.