Saturday, April 05, 2008

Burma Border Run 4 - Looking into Burma, Night and Day

I like getting places at night because it means I really get to two different places. First I make my way in the dark and fill in the blanks with my imagination. The next morning I can compare my imagination's artwork to what's actually there. (Double click the pics to see them larger.)

The first shots are at the end of the road before the border crossing bridge into Burma.



The second shots are from our hotel room balcony, looking out at the golden stupa shining in the dark.



You can see where I took the pictures from in this Google Earth map (Thanks Google for this one and the maps in the previous and next posts). You can see the hotel swimming pool and the Sai River is the brown streak along the yellow border line. You go through the large customs building on the Thai side, then cross the bridge, and go through customs on the Burma side. You can't see the lit up Burmese pagoda (I knew there was an English word for this) on the map. I'll do that in one of the next posts.

1 comment:

  1. amazing post...it has been helpful!

    the pagoda thing is called stupa isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.