Friday, May 30, 2008

Elton John Wows Anchorage


Here are a couple of blurry shots to at least give you a sense of the concert. John came out about 8:10pm to a standing, well ovation is to applause what the crowd actually did is to ovation. It was loud and sustained.








We left Sullivan Arena about 11pm. He played non-stop, except for a couple minutes off stage before an encore and about ten minutes of signing albums, t-shirts, pieces of paper, hats, and a red shoe.










Here he is up on the big screen.
Some video and more comment tomorrow.




For all the posts on the Elton John concert, including videos click here.

1 comment:

  1. We feel like we missed the chance of a lifetime, but the gas prices have been too much! I am so glad that you saw Sir Elton-- he is divinely gifted.

    He was my first crush. I was three when one of my much older sisters bought his first album. My sister was furious because she asked why he'd like me instead of HER and I said because I was the pretty one. (She ~had~ to ask.)

    What I've always liked about him is that he is in a true showman, in the same class as Neil Diamond, Rod Stewart and Jimmy Buffet-- they play because they love to play, and they happen to also be blessed with talent. You can see it even in their TV performances. They honor us with their music and it doesn't matter for whom they play, they play just as well for everyone.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.