Thursday, May 08, 2008

Kohring Blasts Judge after Being Sentenced to 42 Months

Below are:

1. Brief video of Vic Kohring talking to the press after the hearing was finished.
2. My rough version (typed as he made his statement and full of errors and gaps) of his statement to the court.





[Here's more video from that meeting with the press from Dennis Zaki's blog.

2. Kohring's Statement to the Court (As best as I could catch it as he spoke)

Vic Kohring: Honorable Judge Sedwick, not here to plead for mercy. Instead, to plead my innocence. I was stunned to learn you were married to one of my greatest enemies. You were legally bound to excuse yourself. Furthermore you lived across the street from the government's star witness. I’m so disappointed that the person who holds my fate is married to the person whose job I eliminated.
Then this week’s latest motion you denied. The juror who regretted his decision.

I will admit, I showed poor judgment when I accepted cash for my daughter from someone I thought was my friend who betrayed me. I didn’t live up to my high standards. I never once voted for PPT. My words, How can I help? Were my mantra. Ironic that my words are now being used against me. Intended to be helpful.

The resutling conviction has destroyed me. Cost to me is approaching half a million dollars, all over $1000. But my spirit is not broken. We did all with integrity. Just an honest presentation of the facts. I used to believe in my government. I do not hold it in high regard as I used to. I believe in the principles. I won’t express remorse for something I didn’t do. The truth will only be revealed if heard before jurors without bias. I thank the jurors but want to let them know they didn’t hear all the evidence.

I for one shall not rest until justice prevails. I didn’t anything criminal. I was naive. I assert my innocence. All I ask for is to be treated fairly. All I ask for is a fair trial which I believe would find me innocent.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I'm not sure if he really doesn't understand what he did wrong, or if he thinks he can convince the public that he doesn't understand, or if he's just in denial.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.