Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Lakers Celebration Traffic on Way to Court

I was pleasantly surprised yesterday that it only took us about 40 minutes to get from Bundy to the Courthouse on the Santa Monica Freeway. (I know, people nowadays call them all by numbers, but for me it's the Santa Monica Freeway, not the ten.) That was starting at 8am, the middle of rush hour. But today it was different. We left at 8am again and thought the Laker celebration traffic would be later (it was supposed to start at 11 am). But there were a lot more cars than yesterday. The one above was our first with Laker flags.
Getting close here to head north and past downtown.
And a little Laker support on this building.
And we passed the Staples Center. Then on to the courthouse where we missed all the celebration completely. I imagine the traffic got worse. One of the jurors was 45 minutes late. But the other eleven, plus the two alternates. got there on time.

1 comment:

  1. Steve, totally unrelated...

    When will Anchorage folks of good will finally say 'Enough!' to the civic hostility LGBT people experience and pass needed anti-discrimination protections? The status quo is not okay.

    As I watch Anchorage's shame this a third time, over 33 years, from thousands of miles away, I just shake my head and wonder how I could have ever loved such a place. But I understand now. My love for my former home was like that of the abused child to an abusive parent.

    I had to leave. As to others, I think I understand. It doesn't hurt.
    .

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.