Sunday, October 04, 2009

Brian the WLA Bike Guy

When we walked home from the Farmers' Market Saturday morning, we passed this garage with bikes. Brian, it turns out, is an out of work carpenter who told us that he's always worked on bikes. With the economy so bad, he's now getting old bikes, fixing them up and selling them. Since we'd been thinking about getting some bikes to use while in LA, we looked around.
Here's his office. He checks various sources for bikes and then gets them back into shape. J rode her 'new' bike home. He was still working on the one I chose.








I told Brian I had a blog and got his ok to post this. This is one veteran's way of eating during a recession. And it's a great service for people looking for a reasonably priced bike AND it's great for recycling. (Pun intended.)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I like when things are "recycled" as you put it but nowadays many things are constructed in a way not to be recycable, such as tv, PC and so on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man that guy is GOood* with Bikes,his hands are like...multitools,his fingers are like...wrenches~He moves like lightning...He is able to inflate tires with a single....blow{from the tire pump*}~I think he's got...Oil running in his veins,myself*!!!* The thing I can't figure out is...how he does it~without getting his hands dirty*!!! {hi steve & joan!},from my alter ego!!~Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.