Thursday, October 08, 2009

Venice Beach Skate Plaza II

J and I biked over to the new skateboard plaza in the afternoon Wednesday and watched some more. There were a lot more people skating and watching than in the morning. (See previous post.) The palm trees are freshly planted and haven't quite opened up yet on top.

I could just watch these guys (and a few gals) zoom back and forth up and down and around. In the morning I didn't see a single helmet, but in the afternoon a number of people wore them and knee and elbow pads. It won't be long before someone gets hurt. In the previous post I put up the sign that says LA has no liability for injuries.





[I did a post two years ago comparing viddler and youtube. At the time in addition to video quality, viddler had lots of other benefits youtube didn't have - like taking larger and longer files. Youtube now takes larger files, but as a recent commenter on that post said, Youtube quality can't compare. I did this in youtube and viddler. Youtube processed it much faster so I'm putting it up, but the quality is outrageously bad. As soon as I can get the Viddler, I'll put it up too. In the meantime you can compare this to the video in the previous post.]

Skater shoes are a big part of skate boarding.









Here's looking back at the Venice Boardwalk from the skate plaza. (I still want to write skate park, but the sign says plaza. I don't know what the kids call the place.)

1 comment:

  1. Growing up about 45 min from here, this reminds me of a kid down the street who broke both wrists at the same time back in the 70s, skateboarding from the top of the hill near my childhood home down the street to his house. (I broke my arm, playing on the bars in grammar school.) Stuff happens, and you live and learn. Part of growing up.

    Just protect your head, you are going to need that brain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.