Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Boss Gave Me a Run Break

Since I worked late last night, the boss let me sleep in. Got up at 9. Then when I saw the snow on the top half of the Mt. Roberts foothill outside the window I got antsy.

 

  
Here there's no snow sticking by the last houses.

 
And here I am, less than five minutes run from home.

  
 Here's the gate on Basin Road.





  
 Under the canopy.


  

 This wasn't a long run and as you can see I stopped a few times to take pictures.  I just went a little past this sign.

So, all you staffers who haven't been out of the building or off the pavement, there's a whole world out there waiting for you to visit.  It's spectacular.  And it puts things back into perspective.  And will remind you there's more important things than the packet for the next committee meeting.


Cabin [mine building] Juneau resident corrects me.


 
On the way back down.


Time to eat, clean up, and get to the Capitol.

2 comments:

  1. Not a cabin! It's one of the AJ Mine buildings back in the basin, now part of the Mining Museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what makes blogs work - people to correct our false impressions. Thanks Harpboy.

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.