Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mental Health Trust Head Jessee on Cuts to Gov's Budget

I spoke to Mental Health Trust Authority Chief Executive Officer* Jeff Jessee after the House Finance Sub Committee on Health and Social Services approved "99.6% of the Governor's budget" but not a key program of interest to the Trust - The Bring the Kids Home program that is funding community mental health programs so that kids that are now institutionalized outside of Alaska can be brought home and get treatment here.  Jessee said that not only does this have obvious benefits to the families and kids, it also will save the state considerable money.

*I've got Jessee's position mislabeled and his name mispelled in the video and I'll get that fixed when I get more time.

I'll put up a video comment from Finance Subcommittee Chair Joule as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.