Monday, April 05, 2010

Life's Little Surprises

We walked back home from First Friday and as we got into the gate, suddenly J went down.  It's on a hill and she must have stepped on the edge of the concrete step and twisted/slid off.  It hurt to put weight onto her foot, but fortunately we were steps away from the door.  Ice packs and aspirin.  Mid Saturday it was still hurting, but not nearly as bad and it wasn't too swollen or discolored.  Sunday she didn't want to go to breakfast with me at our friends' place down the street - even if I borrowed their car to pick her up.

But at breakfast when I learned one of our friends wanted to go to the urgent care place for her own ailment, I asked if J could come along.  When I saw her foot at the clinic, it was blue enough to suggest she was turning Na'vi.  And the x-ray showed a small crack.
[double click to enlarge]



[Image from Laboratorium.dist,unige.it - link on page to foot, bones lateral]



So, now she has a cool new shoe - and she can walk on the foot without pain, though it doesn't feel right.  She's to rest it as much as possible for the week we have left in Juneau and when we start traveling again in a week and a half, she should be able to walk on it with the new shoe.  We hope.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Poor J! I am sending her my healing Reiki vibes. (My massage teacher said that you have to tell a person that you are doing that. WINK WINK Can she feel it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is a very unlucky accident. A few weeks ago I injured during a Maths test. I just made a bad move with my leg and it hurt so much. After the class we played football and I made a stretching save and then I felt that it was too much. I could walk very slowly (grannys overtook me on the pavement) and it had hurt a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's a lot more hoping to add to yours!
    It IS a cool shoe...
    Want you both to take away good memories of your stay
    You have added so much to general understanding of session. Am hoping you got as much out of your adventure as you have given readers here. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No wonder I did not find it on e-mail.
    That crack is really obvious. The shoe is not what I had envisioned. I am glad you do not feel it on the sheets.
    How are you doing? Best wishes, G/M

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.