Monday, May 31, 2010

Power's Out

We were eating on the deck about 7:40 pm.  It was windy, but still pleasant.  There was a loud boom.  I really thought it was a gunshot nearby.  J went inside to get something and came out to say the power was off.  It took a while to reach ML&P and I heard a neighbor telling another neighbor the power was out.  ML&P said a tree had fallen on the wires. 





When I got back from checking the tree, I noticed our chocolate lily was blooming. 



Fortunately, it is late May in Alaska so it's still light out at 11pm.  And the neighbors across the street still have power so I can post this on an unlocked wifi.  I'll schedule it for early tomorrow.  Maybe we'll have power when we get up.  My laptop only has about an hour left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.