Monday, September 27, 2010

Tight Fit Plus Blogger Dilemma - Family and the Blog

Harpboy left the following comment on a recent post about the trip to Vancouver:
Of course, if you don't want to drive all the way back, you could take the ferry back from Bellingham..
This reminded me that I'm being guarded about writing now that I'm visiting my daughter.  To respond to Harpboy, we're leaving the van here in Vancouver (that's where vans belong right) so M can use it this winter.  Generally it sits parked in front of our house most of the winter anyway and she's depended on public transportation since she went out into the world.

One of the issues was would it fit into the underground garage where she has a parking place.  The sign says 6'6" clearance and the car is officially 6'4". 



Fortunately it does fit.  Inside there were some low ceilings, but it was fine. 

Most of the weekend was family stuff.  For some bloggers family and personal life is the main topic, but my relationships with my family mean I need to keep mention of them to a minimum.  I need to mention them at times, but I try to be as oblique as possible about happenings and posting pictures on the blog. 

We're staying on the campus of Simon Fraser University and fly to LA Saturday to visit my mom.  As you can see from the photo below, the weather Saturday was great.  Sunday was grey and rainy.  It's supposed to clear up tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! VW van will serve your daughter well. Cheers, R

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.