Monday, November 08, 2010

I Found My Camera

My camera is with me most of the time these days.  It takes photos, video, and audio.  It's an important tool for this blog.  So when I couldn't find it last night, well, I wasn't worried, because I knew it would turn up.  But it wasn't in any of the normal places.  The place in the bedroom where I empty my pockets.  The same place downstairs.  My desk.  In any of the pockets of pants and jackets I wore.

So, I forced myself to stop looking for the camera and to just clean up areas of the house.  If I look for something, I will just move things around and end up more frustrated at the end.  If I start cleaning up, I may not find what I'm looking for, but I will have accomplished something, and may find things I didn't know I was looking for.







We have a drawer near the kitchen phone that has accumulated a serious collection of useless items.  Here are a few things I found in there. 


I don't know how much money, if any, is on the REI card. I really have a problem with gift cards because a large percent of them are never redeemed. 


I have no idea who Merry and Jack are or where those matches came from.  It long predates our even being married. 


I do remember this clipping from the classifieds.  I couldn't believe a mastodon was for sale and really wanted to buy it, but it was out of my price range.  But I kept the clipping in the drawer.





And then I went downstairs to clean up the room that has become a storage room and where I have been making some progress.  And there, on the table, under things I'd sorted, was my camera.  And I also found this painting of a hoopoe.   Now that I have my camera back, I can start blogging again.


1 comment:

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.