Wednesday, November 03, 2010

WTF Explained in One Sentence - Post Election Stress Reduction

A site called "One Sentence" has stories told . . . yeah you're way ahead of me . . . in one sentence.  It's a good break after the election.  Here are two examples from their most popular page. 

What are the odds?

I knew God had a sense of humor when I hesitantly answered the ringing K-Mart payphone, only to hear my best friend, who had misdialed my home phone number, on the other end.
2008-06-10 10:39:09 / Rating: 4189.25 /

Reno Reading

My 8-year-old sister proudly declared that she knows that "WTF" means "Wow, That's Funny" and has been using it all over the internet.
2008-10-23 13:39:41 / Rating: 3290.75 /

 To see more go One Sentence. 

1 comment:

  1. That was great and reminds me of something I heard on KCRW, The Moth Radio Hour, where a writer for The New Yorker is emailing his teenager who won't talk with him even in the same house. He uses the expression LOL which means Laughing Out Loud, but thought it meant Lots Of Love.

    This is the best I can do for the link:
    PRX » The Moth
    The Fall 2010 Season of The Moth Radio Hour is underway! ..... CA: KCRW - Los Angeles, 11/14 at 11 a.m., 4. CA: KQED - San Francisco, 12/26-12/30 at 11 p.m., 2 .... didn't realize that 'lol' meant 'laughing out loud,' not 'lots of love. ...
    www.prx.org/themoth - Cached

    ReplyDelete

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.