Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The FBI is Looking For Some Code Crackers for 1999 Case

People have been getting to a December 2008 post  titled Can You Crack FBI's Code?  today.  Enough to make me wonder if they had put up a new code.

And they have, only this one isn't a game.  But I guess the success of the gamers (someone sent me the answer to the code nine minutes after I posted it) has spurred the FBI to post a real code that they can't figure out.  There were two coded pieces of paper in the pocket of a murder victim in 1999.  Here's the first note:


You can go to the FBI's site to see the whole story and the other note, and to let them know what it says.  I went to the link of the person who solved the 2008 code so quickly and left a message.  Maybe he can do this one in 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.