Sunday, March 16, 2014

AIFF 2013: Best Animation Winner Mr. Hublot Also Gets Academy Award

The timing of this post shows you how much my life has been interfering with my blogging.  The Oscars were announced two weeks ago, but I'm only getting this up now.


There's no question that visually and technically, this short animation is perfect.  But I was taken by a couple of other short animated films in the Anchorage festival that showed more originality.  Animation Hotline and The Rose of Turaida both had great unusual visuals and interesting content.  I wrote about the whole program - albeit briefly - here.  But there are some visuals from them.

I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about my tardiness.  Mr. Hublot's website lists the AIFF win, but only says Academy Award nominee for Best Animated Short.  

Screen shot taken March 16, 2014
I do understand how keeping up with all your digital media isn't easy, but I think if I'd won the Academy Award, I'd have gotten that up on my main website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.