Saturday, June 07, 2014

Birch Shield Bug Close Up




I used the Photoshop Sketch - Water Paper filter only for the background.  I left the bug and leaf alone.  Except where the edges merged with the background, they're the original photo.










I posted a picture of the birch shield bug in 2011 with a description from Dominque M/ Collet's Insects of south-central Alaska.  Yes, it's really called a bug.  Elasmostethus interstinctus if you want to be formal.



I'm proud of myself.  I didn't look at the computer until 3pm today.  Puttering around in the yard was good. 

If you have an Alaska bug you can't identify, the Cooperative Extension Service has a form you can submit online or in person.

By the way, here's a site that has pictures of a lot of different shield bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be reviewed, not for content (except ads), but for style. Comments with personal insults, rambling tirades, and significant repetition will be deleted. Ads disguised as comments, unless closely related to the post and of value to readers (my call) will be deleted. Click here to learn to put links in your comment.